Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Early 2020 Playlog

While I've been concentrating most of my leisure time on televised dramas, reading, and painting and playing 40K, I have found a limited amount of time for video gaming, as well.

I wanted to try out Juno's Darkest Hour, mainly because I have a daughter named Juno, and it looked kid-friendly enough that she might like it. In the end, she did sit and play it for a while, but it was a little too difficult to enjoy, even for me. It is basically an action platformer like you would see in the old days on the GameBoy, and I single that platform out for its monochrome looks and zoomed-in, large character sprite aesthetics and the unforgiving game design of that era.

Dicey Dungeons is a game I was looking forward to trying out, but I'm really certain its lived up to what I thought it could be. Effectively, it's Slay the Spire but with dice mechanics. It's a good concept and structure, for sure. I probably just need to play more to really define it and set it apart from that game in my mind.

I played a little more of Inquisitor - Martyr, and yeah, it's fine. I'll come back to it later.

I also got deeper than ever into Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon, and now that I've got a handle on many of the Imperial Guard and Space Marines units from playing tabletop 40K, I'm getting more out of playing it. I'm to the point now where I have Titans to devestate the Orks with. It's fun, for a very simplistic game with next to no animation and very little in the way of production values whatsoever.

I picked up Kingdom Come: Deliverance for free the other day courtesy of the Epic store. Along with a couple of board game adaptations. I want to check those out soon.

No comments: