Sunday, June 16, 2019

PC Shakeup and Xbox Game Pass for PC

On a whim, and wanting to be able to try a bunch of games but not necessarily buy them, and a good deal, I subscribed to Microsoft's new Xbox Game Pass for PC, for a dollar for the first month, and then five for every month thereafter. It's not a bad deal at all, considering I've refrained from buying many games over the last year or so (meaning there is a lot to catch up on), and that I do want to check out the first party offerings MS will be putting up, including the Halo and Forza series entries and whatever else.

It was a real ordeal getting Windows 10 updated to the newest version so I could get this new Xbox beta app; one that necessitated uninstalling a good deal of games from my PC. It wouldn't be much materially to go and reinstall them all, but for the time being I'll let the previously installed ones go.

No comments: