Thursday, August 26, 2010

Most Anticipated Games This Fall

It's getting to be that time of year, and so I thought I'd take stock of what's coming out this Fall, and what I'm most interested in picking up.  This will be a short list, as I've got to finish 2 games for every new one I purchase, but here goes, in no particular order:

Civilization V
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow
Halo: Reach
Fallout: New Vegas
Vanquish
Call Of Duty: Black Ops
WoW: Cataclysm

I lied; that's more or less in order of how likely I am to purchase them, in retrospect.  However, I've still got a small list of games that have already come out this year that I haven't gotten yet, including Red Dead Redemption, Starcraft II, and perhaps Metroid: Other M.

Civ V and Castlevania are as close as I'm getting to sure things here, but all games are shoo-ins within the next 12 months, I figure.  I'm kind of torn about Fallout. I have all of the rest, but haven't even begun them yet!  I wonder if I should just forget about playing them in order and just jump into the newest; there is no chronological overarching plot as far as I'm aware.  I'm not really even excited for Reach, but it's quality is more or less guaranteed, and I am curious about it more than anything.  Vanquish just looks slick, Black Ops' multiplayer on PC may attract me, and I am definitely curious to see what Azeroth will look like post-Cataclysm.  I still need to cap out my Warrior, too...

No comments: