Thursday, September 26, 2024

Army Building: Radix Praetorians, Krumpford N Sunz

 

I have added some Sternguard Veterans to my Radix Praetorians. No Chapter markings just yet; still deciding on those. #40K #PaintingWarhammer #WarhammerCommunity

[image or embed]

— countelmdor.bsky.social (@countelmdor.bsky.social) September 20, 2024 at 10:17 PM


Since my last post, I have painted a squad of Sternguard Veterans, above, for the new chapter. I also have some Hellblasters built and primed black, along with a Ballistus dreadnought, which I have tentatively selected to be painted next in this scheme.

I then moved swiftly along to continue work on my Ironjawz warband for Age of Sigmar, which I have dubbed Krumpford and Sunz.

With the Ironjawz I have found myself batch painting an entire force of nearly 1,500 points, which I would not normally choose to do, but I keep electing to take the next most impactful step as far as painting, and then applying it across the entire army, which as of now consists of:

Megaboss

Warchanter

Weirdboy Shaman

Ardboy Big Boss

10x Ardboyz

5x Brutes

3x Morgok's Krushas (run as Brute Ragerz)

3x Gore-gruntas

Maw-grunta with Hakkin' Krew

As well as a Megaboss on Maw-krusha which is still new in box. Adding that would put me very near to 2,000 points as the models are currently valued. 

It's easiest for me to get in games of Age of Sigmar these days, so I figured I should get the force I'll be using to a basic battle ready standard, and over the last week I have gotten closer to that goal, now having made good strides toward having a "getting there" looking army. 

I'm only really liable to be playing 1,000 point games in the near future with it, so I don't know when the Maw-krusha might ever come out. 

Once I get some models to a more-or-less finished state, I'll post some pictures.

No comments: