Thursday, February 2, 2023

Adeptus Custodes Mirror Match 01/27/23

Last week I got in my third game out with my Adeptus Custodes, or Talons of the Emperor as they are more properly known when in concert with the Anathema Psykana, or Sisters of Silence. 

This was also my first game against another force of Custodes.


We played at 1,000 points, generating a mission from my Tempest of War deck.


His army was much heavier than mine, with both a Contemptor-Achillus and a Telemon Heavy Dreadnought. Against this I had the dubious advantage of more models.


We both had Blade Champions, but where mine was my Warlord, he actually had a Shield-Captain in Allarus armor as his Warlord.


I ended up being outdone on objective play by just a little, but then also down on kill points.


His indominable dreadnoughts didn't help my cause much, either.


While my Custodians and Sisters did put in a decent showing, we were definitely outclassed here.


I knew this was likely going in, so why didn't I at least bring along my Venerable Contemptor dreadnought?


I guess the allure of an infantry-skewed list was just too much to resist.


It was a good looking game, at least.


No comments: