Thursday, January 2, 2020

Holiday 2019 Gaming

I flitted back and forth between a bunch of games over the recent few weeks. Here's some accounting for that time.

Slay the Spire - I finally got a win as the Defect, which means I now have wins with two of three classes. I'll be working on the final one, next.

Skyrim - Something prompted me to return to this game once again. I just started going down the journal checklist of quests, and ended up becoming a werewolf, somewhat unexpectedly. I'm not sure what's next.

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - First off, this is a badly titled game. The franchise name: title format is understandable, but the subtitle they've given it is unforgivable. They should have left it off. The Martyr, to begin with, is the name of a derelict ship, and not something your Inquisitor becomes, or anything like that. The game seems OK, if a little slow-paced. It's doing the Diablo thing, but I'm not certain it is going to commit. So far, it's been a bunch of 10-15 minute missions in discrete maps on the derelict ship.

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - The turn-based, hex-based strategic wargame. I got nearly to the end of a mission but lost by running afoul of the turn limit. Blast! I think I'll try it again with the stock army loadout rather than the one I cobbled together out of incompetence.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate - I finished the main storyline. I also bought all the DLC, which I will force myself to give a good go before moving on to AC: Origins.

Destiny 2 - I really just don't think this is the game for me. I don't know why I keep loading it up and tooling around the town without playing at all. I think I need to just ignore it until and unless it gets much more solo-friendly. Or until it has some interesting fiction, which I guess will never happen at this point.

No comments: