Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Third Quarder 2019 Book Review

My roll has slowed! I've barely read much at all in July, August, and September of this year. It took me ages to finish off Savage Scars, a novel of the White Scars chapter of the Space Marines of Warhammer 40,000. A lot of this delay can be chalked up to how much time I spent building and painting models of said White Scars.

I also read the second in the Siege of Terra sub-series of Horus Heresy novels, called The Lost and the Damned. This one was a quick read, and a real page-turner, with how the siege is escalating at this point. The first traitor legions began to make landfall here, including the Death Guard, Night Lords, and even the Primarch Angron, if his World Eaters hadn't quite landed yet. They will definitely be in the next book alongside Perturabo's Iron Warriors if the cover art is anything to go by.

Another part of the reason I wasn't reading quite as much is because I was busy writing my own BL fiction for their open submissions window that has just passed. I wrote a story about the Adepta Sororitas, and as part of my research into getting the tone and feel correct, I read Danie Ware's newest story about them, called Forsaken.

Finally, I caught up on an issue of White Dwarf featuring a good article about the Blood Ravens chapter, who starred in Relic's Dawn of War series of PC games.

White Dwarf (July)
Savage Scars
Forsaken
How To Paint Space Marines
The Lost and the Damned

No comments: