Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Space Exploratin'

Something got me thinking about Elite Dangerous again, and I am back on my longest exploration jag ever.

I am coordinating my trip using the Elite Dangerous Star Map site, and I have resolved to explore the outer arm of the galaxy, to the galactic south of Sol. As of right now I am over 8,000 light years away from humanity's home system, looking for a way to cross over from the Perseus Arm where I am now, over the sparse field of stars between it and the Outer Arm, into what is known as the Outer Arm Vacuus.

I'm not sure where else I want to go after this jaunt, which will no doubt take a while. But as far as I know, I already have one of the best ships I could possibly get for exploration, so I don't see any real need to head back to the populated bubble for an upgrade. Though that would be the wise thing to do after vising thousands of systems.

I kind of would like to explore the entire outer rim of the galaxy. I wonder how long that would take.


No comments: