Saturday, May 28, 2022

White Scars vs Chaos Knights 05/25/2022

I was lucky enough to get in a couple of Crusade league games the other day, against the new Chaos Knights codex. I won't do a thorough move by move account of these games this time, but the pics below tell the story well enough. It was more or less a slaughter both times. The War Dog Karnivores in particular were absolutely brutal, capable of wiping a whole squad of either Terminators or Centurions in a single round of combat. It didn't help that I failed a ton of 5+ save rolls, either.

In our first game, I won the roll off to go first, and I really made the most of it, getting both of my Terminator Squads into combat and doing some serious damage with them. Unfortunately the big Knight on his side, the Abominant, had a way of reducing my damage incoming to it by 1 per attack, which meant that it lived longer than it otherwise should have, in either game. 

There's really not much more to say here, other than that Tejek Khan did get his second Titanic kill of the crusade, but that was just about the sole bright spot in either game for my force. My opponent is a good guy, though, and so both games were enjoyable. 

Unfortunately I wasn't able to really do anything with the Centurions in either game. I believe they died to attacks on the charge both times out, and the game where I went first they didn't even make it in range to shoot their meltaguns before being charged. The Vindicator did well enough in the one game where it was able to take some shots, at least.

On the bright side, we both came away with two Requisition Points, which is always good. We've both got orders of battle hungry for more supply.



















No comments: