Monday, April 20, 2009

Week of World of Warcraft

I spent the last week playing WoW almost exclusively, but I can hardly remember what I did in the game. It all just seems to blur together. I spent a bunch of time in Stranglethorn Vale doing quests and a little PvP here and there. There was this one poor Warrior a few levels below me that I ran into and killed repeatedly. Another time I was drafted into a ganking party, which basically just amounts to griefing people. I left pretty soon after I realized we weren't going to get any honorable kills doing that.

It's so hard to think of specific things I did that warrant mission in the game. It's kind of amazing considering the amount of time I spent playing it over the last week. I'm halfway through level 43 now, and almost have the Green Hills of Stranglethorn achievement. Basically, I did a lot of running around killing stuff and taking the proof of that work back to people who would shower me with silver pieces and experience points. I also messed around with some mods and checked out a lvl 4 Draenei warrior that was left on my account from it's previous steward. It's more fun than it sounds. It's like a treadmill, but a really good one. I guess. At any rate, I'm going to be playing a larger variety of stuff this week.

My DS backlog is fat and bloated and disgusting, so I whittled a few games off of it this weekend. I briefly tried them all out just long enough to confirm that I'd never play them again, and once or twice wondered why I ever bought them in the first place. Gone now, are: Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, and Lunar Knights. Each of these must have been on my shelf a year or more. I'm trying to get away from the buy-and-sit-on-it thing, and move toward a buy-and-play-it-right-away model. Strike while the iron is hot and all that. Which is one reason I want to play more Far Cry 2 and Galactrix this week.

The other games I played just a little last night were Peggle and Pixel Junk Eden. I'm working through the adventure modes of both Peggle Deluxe and Peggle Nights, and I'm still just barely into Eden, as well. Cool game, though.

No comments: