Saturday, December 4, 2010

Game CRAZY

I talked about it on the newest Call Of Podcast, 59, but I had accumulated so much credit at my local Game Trader shop that I felt like cashing it out before they themselves cash out of business.  Not that it's looking like they're going to, but I kind of feel like they're too good to last in today's market.  Anyway, I used my $140 of credit to pickup NSMB Wii, Starcraft II, and God of War III.  Of course, I didn't have 6 games completed to cash in the tokens for all these, but I did have 3, meaning I'm only 3 games in the hole.  Well, 5 games in the hole until I'm go for The Witcher 2 or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or whatever I want by the time I've finished 5(!) more games.

Speaking of that never-ending battle, I'm doing well, up to 22 games finished in 2010 so far.  I just had a look through my Pile of Shame and culled a few titles that I no longer care about completing, old DS games, RPGs that I had played before and was halfway through, etc.  However, come Jan. 1, that Pile is about to get a whole hell of a lot bigger, with the astounding amount of games I've bought this year (and mostly for under ten bucks).

I have a feeling that the Road Map to Success idea I've been trying is just never going to work.  At best I can kind of anticipate the game I want to play next, but looking farther ahead than that or across too many genres, it's just way too much in flux for any projections to make sense.  It'd be like the local weather guy forecasting for Jupiter and Mars based on your local Tri-state area.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a 2011 gaming resolution, but I like what I've got going so far with the 2 out, 1 in token system with the $10 clause.  Maybe I'll think of something to complement that and/or something to help my life overall, like for 2009 I decided to stop drinking carbonated soft drinks.  It's been almost 2 years now!

No comments: